top of page
  • Writer's pictureMatt Fogarty

Returning to Lithuania from the UK?

If you have plans to either move to Lithuania or return to Lithuania having lived in the UK for some time, you may need some, or all, of your official UK documentation legalised before attempting to register any marriages, children or deaths in Lithuania.

According to Aurelija Laurušonytė, Third Secretary at the London Embassy of Lithuania;

"All official documents (e.g. marriage, birth or death certificates) issued by UK institutions should be legalised with apostille (by Legalisation Office) and translated into Lithuanian."

Here at The Apostilles Group, we can order copies of  your official UK institutional documents specifically for legalisation (allowing you to keep originals), have them legalised and translated